Sacred Heart is a Roman Catholic Primary School part of St. Hilda’s Catholic Academy Trust, located within the heart of Middlesbrough. Sacred Heart Primary first opened in 1906 as an infant, junior and senior school. Until 1963 the school was called St Philomena’s and to this day many of the older parishioners refer to it by this name. Many pupils have passed through its doors and in that time extensive changes have been made to the structure of the school. The school was amalgamated into a primary school in 1980, became open plan in 1993 and a wonderful new hall and nursery were added in 2000.
For more information about St. Hilda’s Catholic Academy Trust follow this link: http://sthildasacademy.co.uk/